Albert Einstein

by Josh from Williamsville

My hero is Albert Einstein. Albert Einstein is a scientist. He studied physics, was exceptional in math, and came up with amazing ideas. Many other scientists looked up to this brainiac. His theory of relativity is famous worldwide, and led to many new ideas. Albert Einstein is so famous that an "Einstein" is a phrase to call someone smart!

Albert Einstein had a very complicated childhood. Einstein was born on March 14th, 1879, in Ulm, Germany. He was a very quiet person and people often called him "Father Bore." In Germany, many proud parents told their children that someday they could be part of the great German army. Albert, however, did not want to be part of this fighting force. He hated the lack of freedom, the mechanical motion. It was like clockwork. Everything was in line, synchronized. If you've ever seen Albert Einstein's hair before, you know what I mean when I say Albert did not want to be like that! Albert had many interests in the wonderful world of science and mathematics. His uncle told him about many things Albert found wonderful and interesting. Albert had one main problem in his early life, and that was big. I mean BIG. Many Germans had terrible prejudice against Jews, like yours sincerely. Because of this, and because of a new job, Albert's father moved the family to Italy in 1894. Albert Einstein had a very mixed-up childhood.

Albert Einstein did many splendid things. He opened up scientists' minds. Before Einstein, many scientists did not "think outside the atom." They were bound to Newton's laws like a paper is bound to Super Glue. Einstein opened up many minds, and the minds he didn't open up, he amazed. Einstein started a group called the Olympia Academy, where he and two other scientists thought of fantastic and philosophical questions. Many people call Albert Einstein the creator of the atomic bomb, but that's not totally true. Albert Einstein came up with the formula and the theory of splitting the atom, but the actual process of making atomic bombs, called the Manhattan Project, was not headed by Albert Einstein. After the bombs were released on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Albert Einstein worked to help the world a peaceful place. He spoke out against war. Albert Einstein's main goal was to find one great force that unifies everything. Albert Einstein was a very unique person.

Albert Einstein faced many challenges and problems. After WWII, many people hated Jews. Prejudice was very strong, and problems were rising. Albert Einstein's first wife, Mileva, divorced him when she decided to move the family to Switzerland and Albert decided to stay. Albert then married his own cousin, Elsa. I believe that they did not know that marrying their own relative would cause birth defects to their baby. Once, Israel asked Albert Einstein to become their president. The distraught Albert refused. He was not a politician. In 1936, Albert's 2nd wife Elsa died. Albert Einstein faced many challenges.

Albert Einstein was well known as a great scientist. His proton theory, the theory that each color ray has a recognizable bundle of energy, won him a Nobel Prize in 1921. Albert also had a good reputation. When he came up with a new idea, everyone believed him! Lastly is a great surprise. The theories of Isaac Newton does not even hold up as well as Einstein's! This made Einstein one of the greatest scientists of the century! Albert Einstein was truly a great scientist.

Einstein had many character traits. One is unique. All parents in Germany would tell their kids that they could join the army, and the kids were excited, but young Albert did not want to. Also, Einstein had many new theories and ideas that not many scientists agreed with at first. Second, Albert Einstein is devoted. His heart belonged to science. Even in 1919, when his wife divorced him, Einstein still worked to find many new science ideas and theories. He did not let many things stop him from his work. Last, Einstein was bright. He was very advanced mathematically and scientifically. In the 1st grade, he was interested in geometry and algebra! Also, he was a very good explainer, which helped him to express and explain his new ideas. Einstein had many character traits, each one his own.

Einstein is a great hero. Many people would look up to him, and they would learn many things. Einstein once wrote to an Idaho farmer: "Nothing truly arises from ambition or from a mere sense of duty; it stems rather from love and devotion towards men and towards objective things." One of his more famous quotes is "Imagination is more important than knowledge." One of his funnier quotes is " When you are talking to a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity." And that's coming from a person with a 160 IQ, so don't doubt it! As you can plainly see, Albert Einstein is an excellent, amazing, unique hero!