Albert Einstein

by Niki from Dunedin

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." Albert Einstein
this is Albert Einstein (upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/34/A)

In 1879 Albert Einstein was born in Germany. In 1884 Einstein encountered a compass which gets him thinking about relativity. Albert Einstein is my hero because he liked to think outside the square and developed major physics formulas and many other things. He helps our community because if we didn’t have his theories it would be incredibly hard to do our daily tasks. Albert Einstein died on April 18, 1955 at Princeton. Albert Einstein died from heart failure, he lived an incredibly good life and helped us understand things like gravity.

Albert Einstein’s achievements:

Albert Einstein contributed to the four major areas of science mainly Light, Time, Gravity and Energy. Especially for his discovery of the law of the photoelectric effect.

"Einstein's many contributions to physics include his special theory of relativity, which merged the relation of mechanics with electromagnetism, and his general theory of relativity, which extended the principle of relativity to non-uniform motion, creating a new theory of gravitation."
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein)

Albert Einstein facts:

Einstein could not find a job in physics upon graduating from college, and became a technical assistant in the Swiss Patent Office. He worked on theoretical physics in his spare time.
Einstein did not receive a Nobel Prize for his theory of relativity.
Einstein immediately left Germany for the United States following Hitler's rise to power.
Einstein spent much of his later career searching for a unified field theory, but was unsuccessful.
Einstein declined the presidency of the state of Israel when it was offered to him in 1952 by state leaders.
The element einsteinium, discovered in 1952, was named in honor of Albert Einstein.
(http://encarta.msn.com/media_461577190_761562147_-1_1/albert_einstein_quick_facts.html)

Lafferty, Peter. Albert Einstein. England: wayland publishes, 1991. 48 pages