Adriana Fadlallah

by Luis from Hawthorne

Are you a selfless person? Do you give up your time to help others when they ask it from you? If there were more people in the world that cared about other people and have high personal morals, the world would be a better place for everyone. There are people like this in the world, but, personally, I know very few. These people that I do know, however, are very generous and inspiring.

There is one person in particular that stands out above the rest to me. That person is my mother, Adriana Fadlallah. She was born on 18th January, 1970 in Venezuela. She legally migrated to the United States at the age of thirteen with two older siblings, her mother, and her father. They settled in Culver City, California. She grew up there with her older siblings and then she moved independently to Inglewood, California when she was 22. She married my father and they had my little brother and I. When I was about three years old we moved to the house where we live till this day in Hawthorne, California.

Throughout my life, all I can remember is my mom being nice and always having fun with anybody she befriends. Like at work. She works as an accountant and I can't see that job being very fun, but she always comes home with a story to tell. And it's always because she makes it fun just like she makes everything she does with us fun. She goes out of her way to make people happy.

I say my mother is a selfless person because she puts other people's needs and wants ahead of her own. She helps the people that ask it from her and sometimes she does it at her own will. If she sees that someone needs the help she won't broadcast it to everyone she knows. What I like is that she will do things discreetly because she doesn't care what other people think of her; she cares about what she thinks about herself and if she has a clean conscience or not. She inspires me to be like her and help people if they need it whilst I can do something about it.