Anne Frank

by Cami from Honolulu

Creative commons: google images (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/08)

My hero is Anne Frank. She was born on June 12,1929 in Frankfurt, Germany. She only lived until she was 15 years old. Before she died, she and her family went into hiding for two years. Anne wrote a diary that became a famous book called Anne Frank A Diary of a Young Girl. Also there's a movie called Anne Frank the Diary.

The first reason Anne Frank is my hero is because she was good at writing, and I am not so good at writing. Plus Anne was an author at 15 years old. I picked her because when I am older, I want to be as good at writing at she is. Even if she lived a short life, it was really amazing how so much happened in the 15 years that she was alive.

My second reason why I want to be like Anne is because she was caring. She took care of cats. I've never liked cats because of their sharp claws are pretty scary. But Anne wasn't afraid and she cared for all animals.

Anne is my hero because she's responsible. She was responsible when she had to stay quiet for half of the day, every day, for two years. Plus she couldn't use the bathroom for seven hours of the day, and never saw outside for two years. If the wasn't responsible for controlling herself, Nazi soldiers would find and capture her.

One day I want to be a good writer like Anne Frank. When I am older I want to write a book that would tell others about my life. Hopefully it will be a famous book just like Anne's.

Abramson, Ann . Who was Anne Frank?. new york : Grosset & Dunlap, 2007.