Anne Frank

by Elda from Tampico

The Future is Yours

My name is Elda Fernanda Rangel Mellado. I’m 13 years old and I’m in 8th grade, I'm a student at the Columbia College of Tampico. For me, a hero is a person that you admire, someone who did something special and changed something. Someone who didn’t give up and reached his or her goal.

Anne Frank
Anne Frank

My hero is Annelies Marie Frank, better known as Anne Frank. She was born in Frankfurt Germany on June 12 1929. Her family and she were Jewish, and they faced persecution and cruel treatment, as many other people. The group behind them were the Nazis.

On July 1942, Anne’s sister, Margot Frank received a notification, commanding her to work at a concentration field. That was the reason her family decided to move into a small attic room hidden above Otto Frank's office. It was called the secret annex, where they lived for about 2 years with 4 more members. In that time, Anne wrote in her diary everything about what was happening in that time. On August 4 1944, the Nazis discovered the secret annex and they arrested all the residents who were sent to different concentration camps in Poland. Only Otto Frank survived. Later he found and read his daughter's diary and decided to publish it.

Anne Frank is my hero because she never lost the hope of being free while they were hidden during World War II. She had a difficult life while she was in the secret annex. She was a very perseverant and nice person. I admire her very much because she never gave up.

She influences my life because her story shows me that hope is the last thing that dies. Even though she didn’t survive, she is my hero .

Frank, Annelies . The Diary of Anne Frank.