Anne Frank

by Melsa from Des Plaines

Anne's dad Otto and her sister Margot (Google)

Anne Frank was born on June 12,1929, in the city of Frankfurt. She had an older sister named Margot. Her parents' names are Otto and Edith Frank. Otto her father was a businessman and a German army officer. She received a diary for her 13th birthday in June 1942. The only thing she had to do was write in her diary that she named 'Kitty'. It was the best present she ever had. The first thing she wrote on the first page was about what was she going to accomplish in her life. She had to stay in the attic for two years; she was scared that the Nazi would take them to prison camp so she never left that place. Anne and her sister died and so did her mother. Anne and Margot died because of typhus. Her mother (Edith Frank) died of hunger. Her father (Otto Frank) was the only one who survived in the family.

Anne  (Google)
Anne (Google)

Anne Frank did not have many years in school. The school she went to was Montessori school. She did not go to school there very long because of the laws against Jews. Anne Frank and her family had to hide from the Nazis.

Anne Frank (www.dpsg-anne-frank.de)
Anne Frank (www.dpsg-anne-frank.de)

Anne Frank is famous because of her journal. After she died many people read it. It's also in a museum now. People have made movies and books about her. If Anne Frank was still alive she would be 78 this year. Anne Frank died when she was only 16 years old in the year 1945.