Anne Frank

by Kelee from Riley

Anne Frank and her family together. ( https://www.emaze.com/@ALRRTOIF/The-Diary-of-Anne-Frank)

"I can remember as early as 1932, groups of Storm Troopers came marching by singing when Jewish blood splatters from the knife". Otto Frank recalled. Anne Frank and her family were in World War 2 where the Nazis were killing Jews. She was born June 12, 1929, she lived in Amsterdam for 5 years, with her mother, father and sister, until the Nazis took over in 1933. They went into hiding for two years, Anne Frank and her Family's life through the War.

The bookcase to the Secret Annex. (https://www.emaze.com/@ALRRTOIF/The-Diary-of-Anne- (LEILANI RODRIGUEZ))

Anne Frank was a little girl in the middle of a big war. She kept a diary through the whole war and wrote about what was happening around her, which now today is published. She wrote "Dear Kitty" when writing. She wrote about feeling loneliness in a house full of people and frustration of lack of privacy. She wrote "It's utterly impossible for me to build a life on a foundation of chaos, suffering and death" Anne Frank wrote on July 15, 1944. She also wrote, "I see the world being slowly transformed into wildness; I hear that approaching thunder that one day will destroy us too, I feel the suffering of millions and yet when I look up at the sky I somehow feel that everything will change for the better, that this cruelty too shall end, that peace and tranquility will return once more." Her father Otto wrote in a letter to his mother, "I had no idea of the depths and thoughts of her feelings".

The life in hiding was not easy for two years, they lived in the secret annex unaware that they would live there for two years. They couldn't go outside and all curtains had to remain closed during the day but at night they could open the windows a little bit. They had to share the attic with another family which was crowded and no privacy as she wrote in her diary. There was a total of eight people living in the attic. The Jewish families lived in constant fear. They had to stay quiet during the daytime in order to avoid workers below in the warehouse. Their friends smuggled food and clothing for them, risking their lives. Some Dutch caller tipped off where the Franks were hiding. On August 4, 1944 the police discovered them and they were arrested, then they were transported to Auschwitz

Their journey was a hard, tough battle that they fought but sadly lost in the end. They went through a lot, like hiding in secret and much more. They had to drop everything and hide; also had to leave their home. When they got caught the whole family was separated besides the two sisters. The mother and two daughters died in the concentration camp but the father, Otto, survived. He was soon given Anne's diary which she left behind at the secret annex.

Anne Frank didn't survive the war but left us with a great thing, her diary, which she wrote about the war and life in hiding. She left her diary behind, which was found and given to her father. She wrote in her diary about hiding, she said hiding was a lack of privacy, she did live with eight people. Their journey soon ended. After two years of hiding someone tipped the police about the Jews. They were sent to a concentration camp and the father survived and came across his daughter's diary, which changed millions of lives. It was tough for Anne Frank and her family's life in hiding.

History
The Love List - Facts about My Hero.
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
Bio - About My Hero
Youtube - Video about Anne Frank