Anne Frank

by Skylar from Columbus

Anne Frank (http://www.vision.org/visionmedia/uploadedImages/Home/Articles/Biography/Articles/Anne_Frank.jpg)

A hero to me is someone who doesn't let challenges stop them. They are people who try to overcome obstacles. To me, Anne Frank was one of these people. She was a very courageous young girl. She never thought bad things about people, even if they were doing horrible things to her and the other Jews.

My Hero is Anne Frank. She was born on June 12, 1929 in Frankfurt, Germany. She later moved to Amsterdam due to the Holocaust. Anne lived in an attic for two years with her family and two other families. The two families were the VanPels and Mr. Fritz Pfeffer. Anne often wrote in her diary that her father gave her in her free time. She often wrote about her feelings during World War II. Eleanor Roosevelt described Anne's diary as "One of the wisest and most moving commentaries on war and its impact on human beings that I have ever read".

My hero made a difference by not thinking bad thoughts about the Nazis, even though they were killing Jews in concentration camps. Anne kept a diary in the two years she spent in an attic. Her diary was found after the Holocaust, and was turned in to what is now The Diary of Anne Frank.

Anne Frank has inspired me by always thinking positive thoughts about others. I have learned that just because a person does bad things, doesn't mean they are a bad person. That is what Anne Frank thought about the Nazis.

Anne Frank is truly a hero. She didn't let little things get in her way. Anne is truly inspiring. Anne died of Typhus in a concentration camp when she was fifteen.