Anne Frank

by Helena from Barrie

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart."

“Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart.” - Anne Frank (After living in a building’s secret annex, hiding from the Nazis who wanted to send her and her family to a concentration camp).

Anne Frank was born June 12th 1929 in Frankfurt, Germany. She lived with her father Otto Frank, her mother Edith Frank- Hollander, and her sister Margot Frank. Anne Frank lived with her whole family but only one person really influenced her: her mother Edith Frank- Hollander. When she lived in the secret building she also lived with Mrs. Van Daan, Mr. Van Daan, and with their son Peter Van Daan.

Anne Frank was a normal girl in love with life, who played with her friends and went to school. On her 13th birthday, she received her diary and it became her best friend, she even gave it a name: Kitty. Shortly after her birthday she and her family went into hiding. WW2 –The Nazis invaded the Netherlands and targeted all Jewish families. When she did her diary became her one and only friend. She could confide in her diary the most. During that rough time she wrote in her diary her thoughts and deepest feelings. An interesting thing that Anne would do to keep her occupied other that writing in her diary is she would practise ballet steps at night when all was quiet and the building was empty.

Anne Frank is a very heroic person and had to go through a lot. She has many characteristics, such as bravery and courage. The fact that Anne Frank could go through a lifetime of worry and fright and still be the way she is, is extraordinary. Her whole experience inspires and amazes me.

Anne had many obstacles in her life time such as being quiet all day, being with the same people all day and night, not being able to see the sun for 3 straight years and being separated from most of her family when they were taken to different concentration camps. Anne overcame her obstacles by writing in her diary; it was the only thing she could really confide in.

Anne Frank is a girl of many traits, bravery, optimism, patient, & strong. She was brave enough to be in that one house for 3 years knowing she could get caught at any moment and still be that wonderful Anne. She is optimistic because in all of that worry, she still believed that she would get out and return to her home once again. She was patient because she had the patience to sit in that house and not go completely insane at the people she lived with. Finally Anne is strong because she was strong enough to handle the worry and pain of getting caught.

Anne accomplished amazing writing skills by writing in it most of the day and night. When Anne ran out of pages she would use her dads’ old papers. Another thing Anne accomplished was becoming famous; even though she is dead she is one of the most known people from the Holocaust.

Anne Frank’s love of life inspires me to always believe things can get better. That is why Anne Frank is my hero! Unfortunately Anne Frank died of typhus, a disease she caught at a concentration camp early March 1945. Even though she is dead her memory lives on in people’s hearts forever.