Adan Galvez

by Adan from Hawthorne

Would you have the strength to wake up every morning at 5 A.M., and go to work for the next 8 hours? Then get home to do more work and deal with three annoying kids that all they want is food? No? Well me neither. But that's what my dad has to deal with and he had to deal with it for the past fifteen years.

i took a picture of him (me)
i took a picture of him (me)

"I had always wanted to be a father, but I didn't think it would be like this." Those were my dad's exact words when I asked him if he wanted to be a father. My dad always asks me if I want to be a dad when I grow up and my answer to him is always the same. Heck no. He laughs and then tells me that I'm starting off better than him, because being a dad is a difficult job to do. But, he tells me that it is a beautiful thing to have a family, and that I should consider it.

Some people might say my dad's job is pretty scary. "No, it's not really that scary. It just seems scary because of what people say but nothing has really ever happened to me in the years I've been there." My dad works at Holy Cross Cemetery, but as a landscaper, he doesn't really bury people. People always ask me if he buries people, and no, he doesn't. I remember he was a bit iffy to work there at first. But he didn't have a choice so he had to get the job. Now, he says that he's comfortable at work, and says that it's not really scary. He says it's like what he used to work in, only now it isn't as stressful as his old job, which was landscaping. He says it was very difficult to work in the hot sun and drive from one place to another.

Me and my dad (my mom took a picture of us unexpectedly  (my mom))
Me and my dad (my mom took a picture of us unexpectedly (my mom))

My dad is the greatest. He doesn't get mad as easily as other dads and he helps me out when he's able to. He's a hard worker and not lazy like me.