Austin Gutwein

by Mikayla from Philadelphia

"This generation can really step up and change the world, and you don't have to wait to be and adult to do it" - Austin Gutwein

My hero is Austin Gutwein he was born on April 26th, 1995 in Phoenix, Arizona. I chose this person because he was really young and had made a big impression to everyone. Austin Gutwein had made something called the Hoops of Hope which is a foundation for kids who are poor and that are suffering from AIDS/HIV. Austin has made schools, clinics and so much more stuff for all of theses kids, you're probably thinking to yourself why doesn't he just keep the one for himself? Well because he is a caring person and likes to help others for their needs. Austin did not have that many struggles besides that he has to focus on school work and anything else he had to do in his normal life and on top of that run his new foundation. He is still going on with his foundation and still lives in the same place doing the same thing. Some of his accomplishments would be the success of Hoops of Hope. Austin fed 750 orphans, he built a high school and built a medical building. To this day Austin is now 17 years old and his charity has gone global. He raised 2.5 million dollars and helped 27 different countries.