Audrey Hepburn

by Madison from Collingwood, Ontario

Audrey from the trailer "Roman Holiday"
Audrey from the trailer "Roman Holiday"

When you think of Audrey Hepburn, you think a Hollywood star. But this Hollywood star shines in her own way, most Hollywood stars are thinking about the fame and fortune of it all, this women saved a million lives by joining the UNICEF, Audrey Hepburn is my hero.

Studio publicity portrait for the film "Love in the Afternoon"

Audrey Kathleen Ruston, also known as Audrey Hepburn was born on Rue Keyenveled in Ixelles, Belgium. She was the daughter of Joseph Victor Anthony Ruston and his second wife Ella, baroness van Heemstra. When Audrey was just small her father left her in a traumatic state. He was a Nazi. She saw him many years later through Red Cross, he was IN emotional distress but she still supported him financially until his death.

Once the war was over in 1945 her career kicked off by 1948 with a role in Dutch in Seven Lessons and a chorus girl at age 19. She made many films after but in 1951 during the filming of Monte Carlo Baby a French novelist Colette appeared on set, choosing her to play the lead character in the Broadway play Gigi.

Audrey Hepburn helped children all over the world, she supplied them with love and courage. She thought the world was one family, a family that would care for all. Hollywood stars don't always have to be thinking about what makes them happy, like Audrey. She thought about what made people around her happy. Most of Hollywood's stars only think about what will make them satisfied and famous. Audrey was the one that stood out the most. Everything to her seemed happy and exciting.

The grave of Audrey Hepburn  (in Tolochenaz, Switzerland.)
The grave of Audrey Hepburn (in Tolochenaz, Switzerland.)

Audrey Hepburn is a hero that will last forever. A hero for over a thousand kids. A hero who opened her heart and mind to other people around the world. My hero is a hero that will have her name printed in all people's minds once they get a chance to read about her.