Zlatan Ibrahimovic

by Shadev from Albury

My hero would be someone who gives away money or shows support for the poor people around the world. He inspired me to pick him as my hero. The person I picked to be my hero is a well known football player. He played for clubs in Sweden, the Netherlands, Italy and Spain. He won a La Liga championship with F.C. Barcelona in 2009 to 10 and a Serie A championship with A.C. Milan in 2010 to 11. His name is Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic was born on October 3, 1981, in Malmo, Sweden. He had natural football skills since he was 6 years old. He now plays for a French club Paris Saint-Germain and the Swedish national team as a striker.

A characteristic of Zlatan is that he is passionate about soccer. An example of this is when he pursued his dream of becoming a famous soccer player at the young age of 15. In 1996 he signed his first contract with Malmo FF From there he progressed further and further. Zlatan also shows generosity in 2014, when he gave US$51,000 to Swedish national football team for intellectually disabled. In 2015 Ibrahimovic had 50 names tattooed of people that were suffering from hunger to help raise awareness for famine with the United Nations world food programme.

The quality in Zlatan that I admire is that he is idolised by lots of people. He is idolised by people because he is a talented soccer player and is a good sportsman. He is one of the best finishers in the game and is regarded to be one of the best footballers of our generation. I admire his generosity and all he does for others.

I have learnt many things from Zlatan, to be a good human being by giving support to poor people and doing actions that will save people's lives in the football field and off the field.