Angelina Jolie

by Mia from Boca Raton

"We come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. "
Angelina Jolie at the Grammy's (the-perfect-lady-angelina-jolie.popsugar.com/)

Many people have heroes. Angelina Jolie, although rich and famous, has helped the lives of thousands of less fortunate people around the world. She is a hero to many people, because she has helped tons of groups and ethnicities.

Angelina Meeting Kids in Africa (www.pynkcelebrity.com/archives/11730)

Jolie always wanted to make people happy and like her, ever since the day she was born. Angelina shows that being daughter of superstars Jon Voight and Marcheline Bertrand wasn’t always easy. She was born Angelina Jolie Voight on June 4th 1978 in California, but moved to New York with her family. Shortly after, her parents divorced and her mother moved back to California. Her career started officially when she made an appearance in Lookin’ To Get Out, starring her father, at age 7.

Angelina at The Golden Globe Awards (www.theinsider.com/news/1527449_Angelina_Jolie)

Ever since filming Tomb Raider, she has been traveling to refugee camps all over the globe. Those places include poor countries such as Sierra Leone, Cambodia, Darfur, and Tanzania. Jolie was fast to become famous once she started starring in more and more movies. Even though she is a famous movie star, she has never once let it get to her head. Though she has become a family woman, it has only made her more charitable and giving. According to tax records, Brad Pitt, her current husband, and Jolie donated more than 8 million dollars to charity in 2006 alone. Jolie published a book called Notes From My Travels, a collection of her journal entries from working with the UNHCR, and the proceedings, or money from sales, went to them. In January 2008, Angelina and her brother James Haven marked their mother’s death from ovarian cancer by donating money to a hospital in L.A. that specializes in studying cancer.

Angelina Helping in Africa (examiner.com)

Jolie helped out different countries by adopting 3 of her children, which promoted adopting kids from other countries. All of her children were born in different countries, but only 3 of the 6 were adopted. Maddox, Zahara, and Pax were from different countries, and their adoptive parents set up orphanages and other shelters under their kids’ names. After Angelina gave birth to Knox and Vivienne, she sold the pictures of them for 14 million dollars, which went towards the Jolie/Pitt Foundation. The JPT was established in 2006 to assist with humanitarian crises around the world.

Angelina Helping in Namibia (www.pynkcelebrity.com/archives/11830)

According to Jolie, “You go to these places and you realize what life’s really about and what people are really going through. These people are my heroes”. She doesn’t think of herself as a hero or savior of any kind; and that is exactly why she is a hero.

Goddaughter of actress Jacqueline Bisset.
Majored in film at New York University.
Collects knives and has an interest in mortuary science.
Had the childhood dream of becoming a funeral director.
"Jolie" means "pretty" in French.
Appointed Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in Geneva, Switzerland after her visits to Sierra Leone, Tanzania and Pakistan on 27 August 2001.
Is of Czechoslovakian, English, and Native American heritage.
Performed her own stunts in 'Tomb Raider' and received cuts from the chandelier scene as a result.
Ranked #87 in Premiere's 2002 annual Power 100 List.