Alfonso Leal

by Alfredo from Fresno

My hero is very important, he has raised me in such a remarkable way. We have argued and we have had very amazing times. We may not always agree on the same thing but he always knows what is best for me. My hero is my father, he goes by the name Alfonso Leal. He has taught me many life lessons and much more.

The most important lesson that my father has taught me would be that he showed me how to work. When I was fourteen years old my father told me, "You are fourteen years old and you're going to go work." I was scared to go but also I was extremely eager, he told me to try my hardest and if I had any problems to go call him. I spent that whole summer working with him and the money I had saved up was placed in a bank account that my dad had opened for me.

When I was little my father always made me do a lot of activities. He was the one who introduced me to the game of soccer, he wasn't so great at it but still he motivated me. He registered me with my elementary soccer team, and since then I have loved the game. He usually goes and watches my game, he is always supporting me and telling me that I played a good game.

My dad always supported me in many ways. In school he would go and talk to all my teachers and ask if i was doing good. If I wasn't doing good he would ground me and tell me that I would have to raise my grades up. Every time he did those decisions would turn out good because at the end it would always work out. He told me that i should go to tutorial and ask for help. He always tells me that school is the most important and comes before everything.

My father is one of the person I truly trust. He has always cared for me and also has complete trust in me. He is really proud of me and has told me that I'm going to be extremely successful throughout life. My father is my hero because he has earned my trust and showed me a lot of love and respect.