Abraham Lincoln

by Blake from San Diego

"This country with its instructions belongs to the people who bestow their rights. Wherever they shall grow into their homes, under the existing government they have the rights to amend their constitutional rights" (Lincoln, Abraham). Elected to Congress in 1846, Lincoln ran for the Senate in 1858. Two years later Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation was underway of being passed but drawn toward debate. Stephan A. Douglas was representing the Democratic Republic while Abraham Lincoln represented the Union Republic. "Douglas believed that the states should decide for themselves whether to allow slavery within their territories. Lincoln strongly refused; his belief upon slavery is drawn as a humiliation upon Human Rights by law as a federal issue" (Ito, Tom). After Lincoln and Douglas were engaged in several debates regarding slavery, Lincoln claimed victory towards the Union and his Emancipation Proclamation was passed (Ito, Tom). Lincoln was elected President in 1860. Abraham Lincoln our former 16th President of the United States of America is a hero due to his inspirational leadership towards abolition, and his strong visual upon slavery that influenced the different towards prejudice upon America.

During the Civil War, Abraham Lincoln has inspired millions by his devoted duty by creating tranquility upon the two territories. Millions of people are inspired today by Lincoln's mission that he had strongly accomplished. Abraham Lincoln was the 16th president that held the nation together during its greatest trial (Washington, George). Lincoln believes his most sacred was the preservation of the Union. It was his firm conviction that slavery must be abolished (Washington, George). Abraham Lincoln is honored by having his Iconic face be engraved onto Mount Rushmore. Abraham Lincoln was strongly chosen to be engraved by his memorable history that created him to be one of America's most iconic heroes. Lincoln background had supported the inspirational foundation of Mount Rushmore that has brought thousands of tourists towards a magnificent sight. In Washington D.C. Abraham Lincoln was featured by his own temple called the Lincoln Memorial. Henry Bacon had designed the Lincoln memorial and the construction of the memorial took eight years to complete, from 1914-1922. (Bacon, Henry). Lincoln wasn't raised as a wealthy man. He taught himself the knowledge that developed towards his global awareness during his presidency. Abraham Lincoln's story had inspired millions of Americans that have taken the beautiful sight of the Lincoln Memorial. During Lincoln's presidency, he was fully capable within his missions by his genius expectations. He had completed a task during the Civil War that no other man was capable of addressing.

Abraham Lincoln introduced his Emancipation Proclamation with his perceptive message upon slavery. President Abraham Lincoln first issued the Emancipation Proclamation on January 1st, 1863 as the nation was approaching its third year of the bloody war ("Featured Document: The Emancipation Proclamation").When Abraham Lincoln first introduced his proclamation towards Congress, everyone was in confusion. At first glance, the proclamation was introduced as a paradox by his explanation about the abolishment of slavery ("Emancipation Proclamation"). The proclamation declared that all humans held as slaves within the rebellious states shall be free after we claim victory ("Featured Document: The Emancipation Proclamation"). When the Civil War came to a closing, Lincoln's Proclamation was passed by Congress and had the ability to free the slaves from the Democratic States. Lincoln's mission created an evolutionary change of human equality throughout the United States. Lincoln's Proclamation had made a difference upon slavery that created America a truly free country.

Lincoln's first exposure to slavery brought him towards his strong perspective that he had reflected towards his presidency. In 1828 Lincoln had entered through a whole new community, Lincoln had never seen before. Lincoln traveled down the Mississippi River to New Orleans, Louisiana from his job to sell farm products. This travel gave him firsthand exposure towards slavery for the first time (Lincoln, Abraham: 1809-1865). At Lincoln's journey he was only 19 years old and was still learning about the new cultures throughout the new states. Lincoln was now a young man but was still cautious about entering into new territories. Lincoln's Trip in New Orleans nearly cost him his life, in a nighttime attack in the Louisiana plantation country. Lincoln had visited the Deep South, that has scared him by his foremost experience in a racially, culturally, and linguistically diverse urban environment (Campanella, Richard). During Lincoln's Presidency, He gives into profound thought about his proclamation. Slavery upon civilization was harmless, but Lincoln visual had experienced as much torture and suffering as the slaves around the factories and homes. Lincoln's experience through his journey had set a huge turning point upon him and America. During Lincoln's Travels in the deep south, Lincoln had reflected back when he had witnessed the cruel behavior of our society to open the eyes of our country to make a change and start over as a unified nation.

Through Lincoln's Gettysburg Address, "It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us. From these honored dead, we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion; That we highly resolve that these dead shall not have dead in vain. That this Nation under God, shall have a new birth of freedom and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth " (Lincoln, Abraham: 1809-1865). Through Lincoln's words shown with emotional expression, Lincoln had inspired millions by his mission that released the slaves from the southern states. After the Civil War Lincoln claimed victory with the Union Republic over the democratic states that has created a new environment for America to invite new people with independence. As a senator of the Union that got promoted to the president of the United States, Lincoln had faced crucial times and poor judgement. Lincoln's journey during his teenage years has taught him about the culture within the southern states. During Lincoln's presidency in the Civil War, Lincoln held the nation standing at the edge of being destroyed. Lincoln issued his Emaciation Proclamation when the war ended in 1865. After the Civil War came to an end, Lincoln's proclamation had the ability to free all humans who were kept as slaves from both the North & Southern territories. Lincoln's mission created an evolutionary change of human equality throughout the United States. Lincoln had worked hard for his preparation of the war, but his commitment has paid off. Lincoln stands as our proudest American for-father. A hero is someone who has worked hard to make a change and has earned his respect towards the people that are inspired by his dedication. Abraham Lincoln our 16th president of the United States of America deserves to be honored as a magnificent hero for his inspirational leadership towards abolition, and his strong visual upon slavery that influenced the difference toward discrimination upon The United States of America.

National Parks Service - National Parks gives you a welcoming introducing about the backround and comments about the Lincoln Memorial
Bio. True Stories - This Source gives a wide variety of information about Abraham Lincoln
Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library Foundation - This is an Organization that introduces the Lincoln Presidential Library Foundation fallowed by multiple resources
National Archives - This Source surrounds the Emancipation Proclamation into full detail and visual characteristics