Abraham Lincoln

by Ankur from Fremont

"I have never had a feeling politically that did not spring from the sentiments embodied in the Declaration of Independence. … "
Abraham Lincoln (http://www.dailygalaxy.com/<br>photos/uncategorized/2007/06/04/abrahamlincoln2.jpg)
Abraham Lincoln (http://www.dailygalaxy.com/
photos/uncategorized/2007/06/04/abrahamlincoln2.jpg)

My hero is Abraham Lincoln because he did various things that helped the U.S.A. He had been the sixteenth president of the United States of America. He worked for people's civil rights.

He tried to enforce antislavery laws. Abraham also led the Union in the Civil War. He was interested in politics when he was a young boy. He started his politician career in 1832 at the age of 32. He wasn't successful but still he didn't give up. Later he was elected captain of Illinois militia company which was during the Black Hawk War. He was then later elected as the sixteenth president in 1860 and he led the Union Army in the Civil War.

Abraham Lincoln was born on February 12, 1809 and born from Thomas Lincoln and Nancy Hawks. His parents were not educated and were farmers. They lived in a log cabin in the southeast of Hardin County, Kentucky.

Abraham Lincoln lived from February 12, 1809- April 15, 1861. He had served for presidency until March 4, 1861 until his assassination. He was our sixteenth president of the United States of America.

Abraham Lincoln went through the most devastating experience in the national history which was the the Civil War. Historians name him to be one of the greatest American presidents. He had served for the Civil War and he showed a lot of guts and bravery to win for no slavery anymore. He was successful and to me he was considered to be a great man for his support towards the U.S.A. To me he was my hero and he helped the U.S.A in numerous way.