Abraham Lincoln

by Pi-Shan from Taipei

Of all the influential people throughout time, Abraham Lincoln is the one I most worship due to his advocacy, as his advocate for peace and hard working to abolish slavery. Persevere, inspiring, humanistic, selfless, all of these can describe Abraham Lincoln, one of the greatest presidents in American history. Born on February 12, 1809 in a poor family in Kentucky, Lincoln was the second child of Thomas Lincoln, a farmer and carpenter, and Nancy Hanks. Not only was he a lawyer, but he was also a successful leader during the American Civil War. Moreover, he was a spiritual speaker, for creating equality and liberty among human. Besides these unusual deeds , Lincoln has an impressive appearance. He is a tall and thin man, with gray eyes, high forehead, and beard on his intellectual face, one of the most recognizable looks of all U.S. presidents.

http://quoteshunger.com/abraham-lincoln-quotes/ ( ())

It is because of the end of slavery that Lincoln is described as a Great Emancipator of slaves. Indeed, Lincoln is an excellent examples of peacemaker for everyone. In the process of abolishing slavery, Lincoln had encountered enormous pressures, battlefield setbacks, assassination threats, but he stuck with this pro-Union policy for four long years of Civil War. On January 1, 1863, "The Emancipation Proclamation" came into force through Lincoln's effort. This was Lincoln's declaration of freedom for all slaves in the areas of the Confederacy not under Union control. That is why we associate Lincoln with emancipation, and everybody thinks he is a vital and influential character in the world.