Abraham Lincoln

by Taylor from Wallingford

This is Abraham Lincoln, the 16th president<br> (http://civilwarhistory.files.wordpress.com/<br>2009/02/abraham_lincoln.jpg)
This is Abraham Lincoln, the 16th president
(http://civilwarhistory.files.wordpress.com/
2009/02/abraham_lincoln.jpg)

Abraham Lincoln was the 16th President of the United States. Lincoln helped the slaves by freeing them. Lincoln was assassinated by John Wilkes Booth. He was 56 when he was assassinated. John Wilkes Booth made a plan to kill him and it worked.

Lincoln freed the slaves in 1863. Lincoln fits my definition because freeing the slaves is a good thing and someone can look up to him. Lincoln wanted to free the Union at all costs. Lincoln did not agree with those who would not save the Union unless they could save slavery at the same time. "If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves, I would do it; and if I could do it by freeing some and leaving others alone, I would also do that." The impact was that there were no more slaves. "I shall try to correct errors when they are shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views as fast as they shall appear to be true views."

People who wanted slavery did not think Lincoln was a hero. They made a plan and it worked. The plan was to kill Lincoln by shooting him. They tried to stop him and they did.

If Lincoln was still alive he would have done a lot of things. He would have helped a lot of people. That would mean that he might have changed the world. He would have been president for more years.

If my hero was alive I would ask him what it was like to be president. How did he become president? I would ask him if he thought about freeing the slaves first or did he just do it? Was it hard to be president or was it easy? If it something was hard, what was hard?