Abraham Lincoln

by Bernardo Ivan from Tampico

The Future is Yours!
This is a drawing of Abraham Lincoln<br> (scanned from Ocean Encyclopedia 2006 pg. 2412 v. 1(A-B) )
This is a drawing of Abraham Lincoln
(scanned from Ocean Encyclopedia 2006 pg. 2412 v. 1(A-B) )

A hero is a person that has made a difference in other people's lives. A hero has to be a perseverant person, a responsible person , and all those things that are not necessary to tell. A hero isn't born, a hero is someone who does.

My hero is Abraham Lincoln because he was the best president of the United States. He liberated slaves from the Southern states. Another thing that makes him my hero was his famous phrase named the "Gettysburg Address." This speech was, is, and will be the most complete belief of democratic declaration.

Abraham Lincoln was the 16th president in the United States. He was born on February 12, 1809, in a log cabin near Hodgenville, Kentucky. When he was 7 he moved to Indiana. While he was a child, he was very interested in school. When he grew up, he moved to Salem, Illinois where he studied Laws and worked too. In 1837, he got his Lawyer title, then he moved to Springfield, Illinois to live where he married Maria Todd. He entered to work in Politics and was selected as the Federal Congress's Representative.

In 1864, Lincoln was elected president of the United States. He helped a lot in the war for freedom. He was murdered in April 14 of 1894 in Washington.

Many people participate in the war for freedom in the United States but I think Abraham Lincoln was the person that made the most of it, even more than Martin Luther King or Harriet Tubman. Abraham Lincoln was an example of perseverance, discipline, and that's why he will always be my hero.