Abraham Lincoln

by Maddy from Williamsville

( ())
( ())

Abraham Lincoln is a hero. He is a hero because he was always was brave and strong. Lincoln always had a dedication to school. He inspired me to want to go to school and learn.

Lincoln's early years were really hard for a while. He married Mary Baker in the winter of the 1840's. Mary's family was very wealthy and even owned their own slaves. They had their first son, Robert Todd on August 1st, 1843. They had their second son, Edward Todd, on March 10th, 1846. Eddie got sick before the third child was even born. Abraham and Mary cared for him for over two months. He died February 1, 1850. Then, their third child came ten months after Eddie died. His name was William Wallace and he was born December 21, 1850. A few weeks later Abraham's father died on January 17th  1851. On April 4th, 1853, the fourth, and, the last child was born. His name was Thomas Baker. They nicknamed him Tad for tadpole. That is Lincoln's hard early years and childhood.

Lincoln had many accomplishments in his life that helped him be successful. Lincoln as a kid used to love to play horseshoes. He used to borrow horse shoes from a nearby barn or a black smith. Another accomplishment he had was when he was the president he helped free the slaves and that was hard. Those are some of Lincoln's accomplishments that have helped him become successful in her life.

Lincoln received many honors and recognitions. Lincoln's biggest honor was becoming the 16th president of the United States of America. He even had led our nation through its darkest hour in the United States, the Civil War. People said that he is one of America's most revered and beloved leaders. Those are just some of Lincoln's awards, honors, and recognitions.

Lincoln had many bad challenges in his life. First his mom died when he was young. Unfortunately Lincoln was assassinated on April 14th, 1865 by John Wilkes Booth. The weird thing about it was a week before Abraham Lincoln was killed by John Wilkes Booth he had a dream one night that men were crying in the president's office when in his dream he saw a coffin next to his desk with him lying in it dead. Those were just a couple of Lincoln's tragic challenges in his life time.

Lincoln had many qualities and traits that have made his life very successful. First, Lincoln was honest. Lincoln was being honest to his father about him not wanting to kill a wild animal. Second, Lincoln was Smart. He is smart because he got his law license without even going to college and not going to school all day every day. Lastly Lincoln was brave. He was brave because he was risking getting caught when he was helping by letting some of the slaves free. Those are some of Lincoln's traits and qualities

You can learn a very important lesson from Abraham Lincoln. One important lessons you might learn from Lincoln is to never give up, to be strong, and to be always honest. You can be strong by standing up for yourself. You can be honest by always telling the truth. Also you should never give up on your dreams and things that you feel strongly about. That is a lesson you might learn from Abraham Lincoln.

If I had to place Abraham Lincoln in a hero category I would pick Freedom. I would pick freedom because he helped free slaves and getting some of them freedom in their life. If I was Abraham Lincoln I would feel good about helping the slaves like he did. He also made a big difference in the United States of America he might of even had made a big difference in the world. I really would like to be like Abraham Lincoln when I grow up. I also want to be a great president one day. he inspired me to always want to go to school and always want to learn. Abraham Lincoln is my hero.