Abraham Lincoln

by Bailey L. from Keller

"Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right." Because of his faith, Abraham Lincoln impacted slaves' freedom and changed the way people feel about slavery. What made Abraham Lincoln so powerful as an individual person? He had the courage and honor to do something for his country.

Abraham Lincoln was born February 12, 1809 in Hodgenville, Kentucky. His parents were Thomas and Nancy Lincoln. Abraham Lincoln's mother died on October 5, 1818. As Abraham Lincoln became older he moved to Salem, Illinois, where he became a clerk at a village store. After a few years, Abe started studying law on August 4, 1834.

During the Christmas season on December 3, 1839, Abraham Lincoln meets Mary Todd at a Christmas dance. On the day of March 6, 1860, Abraham made a speech about the wrongness of slavery in New Haven, Connecticut. The glorious day of November 6, 1860 marks the day when Abe was elected 16 president of the United States of America. Abraham Lincoln was the motivation that the world needed to change its feelings about slavery.

Abraham Lincoln had so many major accomplishments such as stopping slavery. Abe was made the 16th president of the United States. One of the many famous speeches that he made was the Gettysburg Address. Abraham Lincoln led the Civil War as the General Commander that led America to victory. All of the amazing things that Abraham Lincoln did were even harder than many people fully realize. Abraham Lincoln was fighting depression that was caused by his mother's death when he was only nine years old and the three tragic deaths of his sons. These hardships had a major effect on his mind. Abraham Lincoln died on April 15, 1865. He was assassinated in a theater by one of the actors.

Abraham Lincoln never gave up even though he faced so many hardships. These things made things harder to accomplish, but he followed his dreams and built the foundation of his dreams. Abraham Lincoln led the charge to abolish slavery. These things completely destroyed the evilness of slavery with his amazing courage.