Abraham Lincoln

by Sophia from Portland

Hello, my name is Sophia. I'm going to tell you about Abraham Lincoln. A little known fact, he was the first bearded president of the United States. He was also the first president to be assassinated.

Abraham Lincoln was born on February 12, 1809 near Hodgenville, Kentucky. Growing up, Abraham moved a lot when he was a kid. He grew up and moved to Springfield. He later got assassinated on April 15, 1865.

Abraham Lincoln made a difference when he freed the slaves. Abraham was a big part in writing the 13th Amendment. The 13th Amendment is what set the slaves free.

Abraham was known for practicing law in Springfield. After being a lawyer he became the 16th president of the United States. He served two terms as president.

Abraham is my hero because he wrote the Emancipation Proclamation. The Emancipation Proclamation is what put an end to the Civil War and in doing that the slaves were free.This is why Abraham is my favorite president, and why he is my hero.