Amanda Joy Michalka

by Savannah from Mission Viejo

"When you're an actor, you get to be somebody else, to create a character from the ground up, which is cool. But music is in our heart, our soul, and our roots. It's who we really are. The emotions are all right on the surface."
Amanda Michalka (http://www.google.com/search?q=amanda+michalka&saf ())

Ever since I was little, I loved music. I started playing piano when I was 5 and later learned guitar when I was 13. I also have been singing for a long time. I became aware of Amanda Joy Michalka while looking at musicians and actresses online. I searched up actresses who aren't widely known and Amanda (AJ) came up. I started researching her, and she has the same interests and talents as I do. AJ is also in a band and I think it would be so cool to be in a 2 or 3 person band. She is an actress, a singer, and a musician. She also used to be a model, and for one of my first jobs I want to be a model.

All 3 of AJ's jobs are in the entertainment industry. The jobs taken by her would be an actress, musician, and model. To be an actress you would need to take acting classes and it would help to be in plays. Amanda starred in a few plays when she was very young. For a musician, you should take lessons for the various instruments you want to play, or voice lessons if you want to sing. AJ plays piano and guitar so her and her sister started a band together. For modeling, there is no education required. You just need to be able to be skinny and look good in the clothing. For these jobs, college is not a must, but It does help if you take your profession courses throughout college. Amanda did not go to college. Models employed by an agency can make around 50k a year. Actresses can make around $45.39 an hour. Musicians earn around $39,554 a year. A similar career to a singer would to be in a band, which is what I would rather be doing.

When AJ Michalka was only 9 years old, she started acting in plays for her church. She was homeschooled all her life so she had plenty of time to be practicing her singing or piano playing. She loved music, and always had a strong bond with her sister, Aly. When her and Aly formed the band, "78 violent", she started getting fans and getting noticed. In December 2007, the sisters went on tour with the Jonas Brothers. She started playing roles in movies acting, and singing. "AJ recorded the theme song and accompanying music video for the film Secretariat, entitled "It's Who You Are". She also issued a single and video called "All I've Ever Needed" from her 2013 film Grace Unplugged." These days she is still making music with her sister in 78 violent.

Aj and her older sister Aly contribute to society by donating and bring awareness to missing children. "Aly and AJ dedicated their CD into the Rush to all the missing children and to the memory of the ones who are no longer with us". Aly says, "AJ and I have always really felt strongly about missing children and that subject in general. We want to bring awareness to children and parents and basically got so fed up one day that we had to do something. We're child safety advocates, we donate money to those causes and want people to know even the smallest amount of support can make a huge difference." Amanda is also a good role model because she's fun and has a good personality, but she doesn't do stupid things. She's very down-to-earth. Aly also says, "Amanda's the life of the party! She really takes charge in any situation. She's not, like, crazy or anything, but I think her personality is more bubbly. She's just AJ!"

In high school, I'm going to take ROP classes in acting or music if they have any. If they don't, I'm still going to take ROP classes so I have something else in case I change my mind. I don't know what internships I'll be taking, but I know that I will take some. Maybe I can take an internship at a TV show being recorded or be backstage for concerts. In college, my main goal is to get a scholarship for soccer, and live in the sorority house. My lifetime goals are kind of scattered. I don't really know what I want to be for sure but it's going to be something related to AJ. Amanda Joy Michalka is a good role model because she is successful and has a great personality. That is why I chose Amanda as my PCH