Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador

by Ricardo from Gilroy

My hero is Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador. He did his greatest work in Mexico City when he was governor. He did various community development work. For example, he developed health care programs for medications to help people with low incomes. He started fast and inexpensive public transportation, the metro bus. He fought organized crime. He created jobs to get people working. He also helped the elderly.

In the year 2005 near the end of his term, he gave more help to his community. He is a very outstanding politician and well organized. I like how he handled people and above all, how he helped them. He continues to do volunteer work helping to combat the injustices that low-income people face.

The best leaders put the needs of their communities first and foremost. Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador is such a leader.