Al Pesto Jr

by Al from Savannah

My hero I have picked to write about is Dr. Al Pesto Jr., my dad. I have known him all my life. He is related to me because he is my dad. He is 42 years old and he is an Oral Surgeon. Finally, he lives in The Landings with my mom, my brother, and me. My dad, also my hero, has many other great personal facts about him.

My dad has many heroic characteristics about him. One is he is fast thinking in all tough situations. Also he is not egotistical and he has lots of courage. He is also very intelligent. He even makes house calls to homeless people. What made him a hero in my book is one day he picked up a homeless person in his pick up truck. He boarded the man’s dog and did the surgery for free. Then he dropped the homeless man and his dog back at the street corner. When my dad did that he instantly became a great hero to me.

There are many differences in characteristics between my dad and the ancient Greek heroes. One difference is my dad is not egotistical which most of the ancient Greek heroes were. Also my dad doesn't have any super human qualities which some of the other Greek heroes did. Finally most of the Greek heroes usually weren't that smart, which my dad is pretty smart. Overall my dad is my great American hero of today.