Adam Sandler

by Joe from Fresno

Looking for a laugh? Adam Sandler is your man. Born September 9, 1966, Adam Sandler wasn't just a instant comedy star. He began as an class clown at the sixth grade to performing in clubs and campuses at a regular schedule. His acting career began when Dennis Miller recommended him to the Saturday Night Live's creator and producer Lorne Micheals. From there he was able to land into well known comedic roles in movies such as Billy Madison (1995), The Waterboy (1998), Bedtime Stories (2008), Grown Ups (2010), and so much more! He did not just only act in movies but helped produce and screenwrite movies including his own. In 1999, he founded his own fliming production called Happy Madison Productions and started making more memorable comedic movies along with actors such as Rob Schneider, David Spade, and Kevin James.

Many movie critics dislike his movies calling it "trash" "lazy" and "dumb" however movie audiences loved his work and that encouraged him to continue with his career. In a interview for his latest movie "Grown Ups 2" He stated "I didn't get into movies to please movie critics" He also said "I got into it to make people laugh and have fun with my friends". Dispite the negativity from critics, he was able to win various awards such as Blockbuster Entertainment Award for favorite comedy actor in 1999 and 2000 and nominated for an Emmy.