Andrew White

by Tony from Longmeadow

A hero shows characteristics like bravery, inspiration, intelligence, and influential. My cousin Andrew is my hero because he has cystic fibrosis. He refuses to use it as an excuse. Cystic fibrosis is a life shortening disease.

My cousin is my hero because he is courageous, brave, and inspirational. Andrew shows compassion for others. Andrew listens to me and helps me with problems. Despite his life threatening disease Andrew makes everyday count. He is physically active, successful in school, and the best friend a cousin could ask for.

When you have Cystic Fibrosis your lungs are coated with a think layer of mucus, which affects your lungs and digestive system. People with cystic fibrosis are more proven to lung infections. In every 3,900 people, 1 person is born with Cystic Fibrosis; many people die young, right after birth, or in their late 20’s or 30’s from lung failure.

My cousin is a hero to me because he battles his disease everyday with dignity and maturity. Andrew is concerned about his disease and takes an active role in raising money to find a cure for cystic fibrosis. He tries to make the best of his life in his condition. I think he can be an inspiration to all people around him.

Andrew White - Cystic Fibrosis Foundation