Amber Forney

by Haley from Granite bay

Amber and Riley
Amber and Riley

Amber Forney is a hero to me because she has compassion, bravery, and is an inspiring horseback rider. She shows her bravery when she rides an unfamiliar horse and is not afraid. Her kind demeanor shows us compassion when she takes several kids to hunter/jumper shows and 3 day events. She is inspiring because she rides like a champion and can train a horse like no tomorrow. She also has the love for the sport that many people don't have.

Amber was born in Gillroy California in 1991. Amber started riding when she was about two years old! Her mom had horses her whole life so they're a part of her now. She has always been very into it from the very beginning. She started vaulting when she was five. This is where you do gymnastics on horses which is quite hard to do. Then she got her very own pony when she was nine and started competing at a very young age. Showing is a huge commitment but once you do it, you'll never turn back because there are too many different exciting things that you could do. When she was a teenager, she got her dream horse, a thoroughbred named Riley. Amber did everything with Riley from ground manners all the way to competing at big shows like three day eventing. Amber is currently 21 and still has Riley but he is now retired. She has a 6 year old mare named Ellie, an Andalusian Thoroughbred cross, who is a work in progress to be able to compete in shows. She also has a gelding named Newton.  He is an American Warmblood who has cancer in his eye, but he is an extremely friendly horse, and has the ability to do great things. He can still jump even though he can only see out of one eye. She has a training program at Royal Oaks Farms, called corner stone training. Amber is willing to train any age six and up. She specializes in eventing. Amber has done pony club as a kid and achieved her C2 rating. Pony club is a program that specializes in teaching kids how to care for their horse and from basic jumping up to olympic level jumping. We also have the chance to train with olympic trainers and other really famous trainers.

Amber Jumping
Amber Jumping

Amber is an amazing hero!!! She's competed in so many places from just for fun shows to rated shows. Before Amber takes us eventing (to compete) we always go up there and practice jumping whatever our horse is going to jump in the actual course so our horse can get acclimated. Depending on the level of difficulty, the courses differ in height of jump and from tight turns to longer courses. When you go to rated shows they tend to cost a lot more! On the other hand, you've also got a lot more competition to look out for and several more people. Amber currently competes Newton at novice and is amazing. Amber never raises her voice to us when we do something wrong or don't understand something. Amber is brave when she has to ride an unfamiliar horse that is not behaving. Amber is inspiring when she goes to shows or any time she's riding, she makes these horses mind like no tomorrow and her position is amazing when she is up in the saddle.

Amber on Race Course
Amber on Race Course

Amber Forney is a hero to me because she has always been there for me when I don't understand something or my horse Nemo isn't cooperating. She doesn't only help me though, she is there for everybody! Once, when we had a mounted lesson for pony club and one of the trainers didn't show up, Amber stepped in and trained all of the groups that the other trainer was supposed to train. She had know idea that she had to train all of these people so she had nothing planned, but went ahead and did it anyway. This is what makes her inspiring!!! She has lessons all of the time and she's really good about changing the schuedule to fit your needs. She's always willing to do private lessons also if we need it. For example: if you need to build your confidence or get ready for a show that you're going to go to. Amber is great at making compromises if you do other things besides lessons like if you play soccer or you're in another club!!! I think the most exciting and true reason why I picked Amber as my trainer is because, not only does she care for you and your horse, but she has true compassion and love for the sport itself.

Amber is brave, compassionate, and inspiring because she has taught me to love this sport exactly like she does. Even though there are bumps in the road you must get over them and move on and that is exactly what Amber has taught me. If at first I don't succeed then I try again. I have fallen off my horse numerous times but it doesn't discourage me. Amber always says "When you fall off 3 times you're a real cowgirl and when you fall off 50 times you're a "true rider". This is why Amber is an outstanding Hero.