Albert Pujols

by Brad from Poquoson

(www.myhero.com/go/hero.asp?hero=A_pujols_sout...)

Do you know Albert Pujols? My hero is Albert Pujols, a professional baseball player. He is a hero because he seeks excellence. He also runs a charity, The Pujols Family Foundation. He has won the World Series one time. He plays for my favorite team, the St. Louis Cardinals.

Biographical Info Albert Pujols was born on January 16, 1980, in Santo Domingo. He went to Fort Osage High school in Independence, Missouri. He wanted to be like his father because he was a professional baseball player in Santo Domingo. Albert worked real hard to make the major leagues. Albert Pujols has four kids. His wife's name is Deidre. His kids' names are Isabella, Albert Jr, Sophia, and Ezra. He is close friends with the third baseman Placido Palonco. Palonco used to play for the Cardinals, also. Albert is the godfather of Placido's kids. In 2007 Albert Pujols became a citizen of the United States of America. He scored a 100% on his test.

Foundation Albert Pujols has a foundation that helps kids with Down syndrome. He teaches them how to play baseball. He does a lot to help the kids at the charity. The charity was made in 2005. He gave over $70,000 to the charity. He also has a program that teaches kids how to ride bikes. He also helps the people at the Boys and Girls Club of America.

Awards In 2001, he won Rookie of the Year. In 2003 he was the national league hitting champion. In 2004, he was the National League MVP. In 2006, he won the World Series against the Detroit Tigers. In 2010, he won the clutch performer of April award and he was the National league home run champion. He has been an all star player nine times and won two Hank Aaron awards, two Golden Glove awards, and six Silver Slugger awards. He is most proud of winning the Roberto Clemente award. It is given to a major league baseball player every year. It is given to honor sportsmanship and community service. Albert won this award in 2008. That was his favorite award.

Hero Albert Pujols is a hero to me because he helps kids with Down syndrome. He teaches kids not to give up. He seeks excellence at baseball. He is a person who encourages people. Pujols is a brave man. That's why he is a hero to me.