Andre Kirk Agassi

by Rudy from Leawood

Over the years, many great names and faces have came and gone in the sport of tennis. Some were thought of as heroes, while others were just the usual talented tennis player. Given the abilities they had, most specialized with a great amount of agility, strength, technique, or strategy. However, as rare as they come, there is one who possesses all of these traits and many more. His name is Andre Agassi.

Andre Agassi was born on April 20th, 1970 in Las Vegas, Nevada. He is 5’11” and 177 lbs. Although he still has residency in Las Vegas, he travels all over the world to compete in various competitions. Having been on the tour ever since he was 16 years old, (1986), Andre is now one of the oldest men in the history of the Professional Tennis League and has one of the best career records ever (860-265). He has been ranked as high as #1 in the world on April 10th, 1995 and has over 60 career titles. Since he is getting older, his ranking has dropped to 6th or 7th in the League. Although he is still fighting for his life on the court, all of his fans fear his retirement sometime in the near future.

I consider Andre Agassi a hero personally. Whether he wins or loses a match, he always shows respect for his opponent and the people who showed respect to him. He shows humor whenever he has something to say and adaptability whenever he’s playing on the court. He is also very courageous, hopeful, and faithful. He has definitely learned much more on tour than he has anywhere else.

Andre Agassi is once again a humorous person, a friend, an athlete, a role model, and a hero. He has given me somebody to look up to at home, at school, and on the tennis court. He is one of the best and always will be because of his efforts. Even though all tennis fans, and myself, fear him going soon, we all appreciate what he has shown to us: You can accomplish all of your goals if you believe.

Andre Kirk Agassi - has done many great things in his career.