Albert Einstein

by Patrick from Lewistown

Albert Einstein (www.wikipedia.org)
Albert Einstein (www.wikipedia.org)

Albert Einstein was born on March 14, 1879 in Ulm, Germany. He was raised in a Jewish family including him and of course his parents, Hermann and Paulina Koch Einstein. He only attended school until he was sixteen years old but he has been one of the most recognized and magnificent scientists of our time. This might have been surprising to his parents because at a young age these things weren't apparent as you see, it took him a good amount of time longer than a normal child to learn to speak. As the years passed his teachers began to realize how intelligent this young man was. His questions in class baffled them.

His early achievements were mainly composed into research papers, four of which were concepts that changed the entire human perspective on very important scientific issues. These papers included the Theory of Light and the Theory of Relativity. The theory of light explains that light is made of very small increments of energy and that electrons were actually moved when hit with a beam of a light. The theory of relativity is probably the most important of all his theories, it explains that there is a very important correlation between time and motion. That means that if the speed of light is always the same then this law will be true anywhere in the universe.

He was born in Germany and attended school there, living with his parents until he was fifteen. His parents had moved to Italy but had thought it very important that he stay and finish school. He obeyed their wishes but one year later in 1895, he had found a way to leave school with the excuse of a doctor's note. Once he had left he rejoined his parents in Pavia, Italy. He lived in Switzerland for a while hoping to attend an Institute of Technology but alas, he never passed the entrance exam. Later he decided to finish secondary school in Aurau, Switzerland, and denounced his citizenship in Germany to avoid military servitude. The time period he lived in was very unfortunate on account of World War II but he had left Germany in time and fled to America for six or seven years. His work was banned in Germany as "Jewish Garbage" but he did offer the US help by assuring them that Germany has a very good likelihood to develop nuclear arms.

Albert Accepting an Award (www.wikipedia.org)

Albert Einstein was a brilliant man that developed some of the most extravagant and important concepts that have effected our lives. He has had many achievements including the Nobel Peace Prize which is partly why he is my hero. He was a scientist and a humanitarian. I find it hard to agree with scientists on a lot of issues but Albert Einstein was a wonderful person that had ideals and beliefs. He knew when to not conform to the system and that is why he is my hero.