Alex

by Taylor from Blue Sky

My Brother Alex and I (We took it in our living room.)

My hero would have to be my younger brother Alex! Even though he is younger than me, he has helped me through many things. Whether it is physical, or emotional! I can come up with plenty of examples where my brother has helped me out.

Back in the third grade we would love to do crazy things. One day my brother and I had been jumping on the trampoline, when he had told me to try doing a flip. I landed the wrong way, I couldn't move. My brother was the first to go get help. I thank him so much for that, because if he hadn't been there, I would have never have gotten the help I needed.

The ninth grade was a rough year for me. I was going through so many different stages in life. Alex was the only one who ever actually understood me. I could talk to him about anything. No matter what I did he would give me moral support. When I got sent away to a treatment center for chemical imbalance, and suicidal behaviors, it seemed as if my brother was the only one who cared about me. He'd call me every night to talk about absolutely everything. He's the reason I've changed, and that I'd never go back to my old ways.

This past year, a guy from school wasn't treating me so nicely. Since my brother isn't a small guy, I decided I'd tell him about it, knowing he would surely do something. My brother went up to that guy from school, talked to him, and ever since then I haven't had a problem.

My younger brother means the world to me. Without him I know I probably wouldn't be here today. I thank him for all that he has done for me. He truly is my hero!