Alexandra Nechita

by Nina from Wilmington

“ No child should be deprived of their right and opportunity to express them selves.”
Alexandra Nechita (http://www.nechita.info/<br>FR_SET_INFO.htm)
Alexandra Nechita (http://www.nechita.info/
FR_SET_INFO.htm)

My Hero is Alexandra Nechita. She was an artist from an early age, drawing by the time she was two. She had exhibits when she was eight, and had published a book of her artwork by age 11. I think being an artist is a great thing and you shouldn’t let your age or anything else stop you. Girls like Alexandra inspire me to try my hardest and do what I can do. The ability to express yourself however you do it, by singing, writing, or painting is a great talent and I respect her for it.

Alexandra when she was younger. (Extraordinary Girls by Maya Ajmer, Oateju Omolodun, Sarah Strunk)

Alexandra says that “ No child should be deprived of their right and opportunity to express themselves.” Not letting her age stop her was a great thing. Even by the age of ten her work could be compared to that of professional artists. It really inspires me that a child can do something like that. I always thought that I would have to wait until I was grown up to do what I want. Alexandra didn’t, and look where it got her. I really like art and she has really inspired me.

Alexandra has created a language of her own, through her art. I think it is very important to express yourself. She tries to show something in every painting she makes. Her painting are in her own unique stye. All of her paintings show something to me. As well as painting with acrylics, she does drawings, sculptures, and watercolors. She creates descriptions of her paintings in a poem-like format too. I really like them.

This is why Alexandra Nechita is my hero. She has inspired me to be the best I can be, not to wait until I am older to be what I am and do what I want to do. Also, her painting are very meaningful and she can express her feelings. This makes her my hero because it is a good example to follow, and something that I want to be able to do.

Alexandra Nechita - This is her website, with her work.

M. Ajmera, O.Omolodun,S.Strunk. Extraordinary Girls. Watertown, MA: Charlesbridge Publishing