Alfredo

by Clara from Buenos Aires

I consider Alfredo, my grandfather, my personal hero. I chose him because of two very important facts. Firstly, he took goods to poor schools in Charata, a place in the province of Chaco, where it is very complicated to reach. Secondly, he is always there to lend a helping hand and to teach me pieces of advice in life, I have to mention that they are very useful.

When he took the goods to Charata all my family was very proud of him specially me. Some days later I was told about this project and I decided to write about him. I chose him as my hero because he is full of heroic qualities. My grandfather, Alfredo, forms part of an association of doctors and voluntary people who donate lots of goods and time, to be taken and donated to different towns in Argentina. In fact, they do “missionary” acts. Last year he filled a truck with medicines, books, food and water to this special place in Chaco.

I also chose him because he is always there to help me even though he is regularly on trips. My personal hero is always ready to lend a helping hand. When I feel sad or have a problem he is always there to help me. Once I fell off the bicycle and I was crying, he came rushing and asked me if I was all right, I asked him if he could teach me how to ride a bicycle and he did so. After a lot of practice I succeeded so he was so glad that he congratulated me and encouraged me to learn more things. My grandfather lives in Zárate, a city in the province of Buenos Aires with Mamina, my grandmother. He is the owner of a logistic company, that’s why we can transport so many goods to the province of Chaco.

Alfredo, can be related to Ms Murdow from “The City of Ember” because she gave hospitality and food to Lina and her sister when all her family was dead. He can also be related to lots of heroes because he is very protective and fights for society and equal rights.

To sum up, I would like to say that he is the best grandfather in the world and without him lots of things wouldn’t be the same. I love him and I would never change him.