Susan B. Anthony

by Ruthie from Longmont

Susan B. Anthony
Susan B. Anthony

In her time, women were not allowed to vote or own property. If a women got a divorce, her husband got custody of the children. Susan B. Anthony decided that it was not fair for women not to have the same power as men. Susan B. Anthony is a hero because she is a role-model, strong spirited, and a ground breaker.

Susan is a role-model because she is a strong person to look up to. As a young girl she was very smart. Susan always wanted to learn new things, but she couldn’t always learn things that she wanted to because she was a girl. Susan learned math on her own because the head master would only teach it to boys.

Susan was a very strong spirited women. She always wanted to live in a better society where men and women were treated equally, because she knew it wasn’t right for men to have more rights than women just because they were men. She gave women hope of a better life because she was strong enough to stand up to the men and tell them that she thought that what they were doing was wrong, and that she wanted it to change. I think that Susan is strong spirited, because she went through a lot of tough times but she stuck in there and kept fighting for what she thought was right. While other women were home, cleaning and caring for their children, she was out protesting for the right to vote.

Last Susan B. Anthony is a ground breaker because when other girls were out acting like little girls were supposed to act, she wanted to learn. By the age of 5 Susan could both read and write. She did what she wanted to do, not what others expected her to do.

Susan B. Anthony
Susan B. Anthony

All in all, Susan B. Anthony is my hero because she is strong spirited, a good role model, and a ground breaker. I have strong feelings for Susan’s work because it inspires me. It makes me think that I can make a difference too! She gives me hope because I personally don’t think that it’s right for men to have total power over women. i think that women can do anything men can do and that we should be treated equally.