Aragorn

by Hanne from Ostersund

I would have gone with you to the end, into the very fires of Mordor

My hero is Aragorn, from J.R.R Tolkien's trilogy Lord of the Rings. He was born as a last hope to his people, and as a threat to the Enemy, Sauron. That is a big burden, and a big secret. He didn't know about this burden until his eighteenth birthday though, when his foster-father, Elrond, an elf-lord, told him. His father had been killed by the enemy and his mother was young when he was born.

He was also in love with Arwen, Elrond's daughter, but they weren't allowed to marry. Not until Aragorn had taken his place as a king of Gondor, a kingdom of the race of men, from which long-dead king he descended from. Aragorn was hunted by the enemy, Sauron, because he was the last one of the line to the throne to Gondor. You can say it was like a curse, hanging over his head, and either he would survive, or he would die just like his forefathers before him.

He becomes a part of the Fellowship, whose mission is to throw the One Ring into Mount Doom. The Fellowship faces many dangers and have to go through many battlefields to reach the end of the journey. But in the end the Enemy is defeated, and Aragorn becomes the king of Gondor and he marries Arwen.

Viggo Mortensen played Aragorn in the movie (fr.jrrtolkien.wikia.com (New Line Cinema, WingNut Films, The Saul Zaentz Co))

He is my hero because he managed to carry such a big burden in such dark times. And even though he had such a tragic beginning, his end is happy. Even though he is a fictional character, I think that if he manages to walk that hard road through life, then so do I.