Agustín Correa Dominguez

by Agustin from Tampico

My father (Agustín Correa Domínguez) was was born in Tampico, Tamaulipas, Mexico. He has studied at Nautica of Tampico and got his degree of Mechanical Engineering of Navy. In his childhood he was the fifth son of his mother and father, they were 10 brothers. When he was 8 years old he was the priest's helper at church every Sunday. When he was 20 he went to travel all around the world in a school-boat for 1 year. Then he worked for Pemex as part of its crew. He got married to Blanca Esthela Martinez, and they had 2 boys, Agustin and Luis. He had to work hard to stay with his family. Now, actually he is my father and I am proud of him.

He is my hero, because he teaches me all the things that are right, and he protects me from all the bad things, and he gives me good advice. He has opened my eyes when I was in trouble, he has taught me the ways that I have to live and stay in this world. He gives me advice about people. He says to me that we are not the same all the time. Do not get down on life, live with faith and at peace with everyone and everything. He says to me all these things again and again. I know that he is a good friend of mine, not just my father.

The people should look at my hero as a hero, because I think all the fathers in the world should be like him. He has a good communication every day with me even when he is not there. He has time for me. When I need him, he stays with me. All fathers should be like him with their sons. He has made my life a better life, because he has loved me and my family. He is the most important person in my whole life and I think he shall be forever and ever. He is so good because he encourages me to be a better person. I admire his big heart, and his patience. His good example with all these good qualities makes me want to be a better person.