Barbara Zorz

by Jolanda Ramač from Slovenia
(SŠ J. Jurčiča Ivančna Gorica)

Barbara Žorž at her best
Barbara Žorž at her best

In my opinion, a hero is someone who is selfless, respectable, kind and someone who has achieved something great. I believe that my ex-teacher Barbara Žorž is all that.

Barbara Žorž plays the cello. She graduated in 2001 (a few years earlier than most) from Ljubljana Music Academy. She received a lot of prizes on Competitions of Young Musicians in Slovenia. She was one of the first members of the string quartet whose mentor is Tomaž Lorenc and Glasbena mladina Slovenije. They won an important competition in Velenje in 1993.

In 2003/2004 she came to Trebnje Music School. She was my teacher. We were very good friends and I loved going to music school even more. But she taught there for only three years.

She’s my hero because she is very kind-hearted. She likes to help everyone, even with their personal problems. And the best thing is, that she doesn’t take any credits. She is also very selfless and very funny.

Now she plays in the National Opera Orchestra and is very successful.