Basilio Espinoza

by Robert from Ontario

"Your freedom can be taken away, but your education can never be taken from you."

A hero to me is someone who went to World War Two, and was a firefighter paramedic. My hero is my neighbor.

It was a little hard for his family because his dad went to war when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. His mom had two jobs and he always had to stay home with his brothers and sisters.They all stayed together as a family. My neighbor had a job when he was a child - he supported his family, he went to school and got his school work done, then went to work.

My neighbor is a hero to me because he went to World War 2 as a marine. He was also a former firefighter paramedic. He did a lot of fighting for our country. His father and his older brother inspired him to go to World War 2 as a marine. His older brother inspired him when he didn't passed his physical to go into the U.S. Army.

He inspired me to fight for my country too so I want to be a policeman or a marine. He is my hero for fighting for our country. He is a good man for being a firefighter paramedic and going to World War Two.

That's a hero to me, who's a hero to you?