Benjamin Franklin

by Uriel from Hillside

A hero is a person you admire. I choose Benjamin Franklin because he invented electricity. I think Benjamin Franklin is a hero because without what he did I wouldn’t have got as far as I would have today.

Benjamin Franklin was born January 17, 1706. He had nine brothers and sisters. He only went to school one year, his parents didn’t have enough money for him to go to school. So at 12 years he sold newspapers in the streets making money. Then when he grew up he made the first newspaper store in the country.

He married a woman named Debra in Pennsylvania and had child named William. He made the Franklin stove he also invented bifocals. And the lighting rod prevented houses to burn which is my goal. Signed the Declaration Of Independence. He invented the Franklin stove, lighting rode, bifocals. A few years later his wife died.

Then he died April 17, 1790 at age 84. 20,000 people attended the funeral.