Benjamin Franklin

by Mitchell from Buffalo

He is a hero because he invented Bifocals, Lightning Rod, and the Franklin stove. He founded the first public library, the first volunteer fire department and the first hospital. He built the first electrical battery. He made Poor Richard's Almanac. He was a jack-of-all-trades and master of many.

His early life was he had 13 brothers and sisters. He was born in Boston. His brother Obadiah taught him how to fly a kite. Ben wanted to be a sailor. Ben went to Boston Grammar School. Then Ben went to Brownell's School for writing & arithmetic, he failed arithmetic. Ben learned how to lay brick & do carpentry & machine work.

Some of his challenges were he came from a poor family. And when he was young he ran away from his home and his family. He made lots and lots of inventions. Lots of meetings. He had lots of jobs.

He made many contributions where he installed sidewalks for the citizens of Philadelphia. He helped set up a hospital for the citizens of Philadelphia. He invented the Odometer. And was an ambassador during the Revolutionary War. He was a hard working man/inventor.

Some of his awards was he was one of the founding fathers of America. He served as a Colonial Commissioner in France. He negotiated the Treaty of Peace between the United States and England at the conclusion of the war. He was one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence. He got the treaty of alliance with France, the Treaty of Paris made peace with Great Britain.

In conclusion, he was a great person who invented electricity and loved to read books.