Bill Gates

by Rajesh from Glenbrook Middle School

“Bill Gates is a very rich man today... and do you want to know why? The answer is one word: versions.” - Dave Barry

Heroes can do anything to change the world. In this case, Bill Gates is a candidate. He developed system software that helps many people in the business industry, making him my hero. He named this software Microsoft. He also showed to me that people could help others in many different ways. For example, Bill Gates created Microsoft to assist people with their computers at home, work, and in other places to make them easier to use. In addition to creating Microsoft, he also was able to be partners with IBM. While working with IBM, he showed that partnership is what helps people in life. Bill Gates is hard working, shows excellent leadership, responsibility, and he makes a difference in the world. With these characteristics, Bill Gates is definitely a hero.

Bill Gates has shown inspiration to everyone. I know that Bill Gates is a hard-worker because he made amazing system software that changed the computer world forever. Also, he continues to update Microsoft even now to add new options and abilities to the software. In addition to being hard working, he shows excellent leadership because he is the creator of Microsoft and he was able to lead his company properly to make their product, Microsoft Windows, a success. Additionally, he shows responsibility to his company because if there is a big problem with Microsoft Windows, or if the server is down, he takes the blame and finds a way to fix the problem. He also shows responsibility to his customers because if a new version of Microsoft Windows is defective, he’ll give full refunds to his customers. His intelligence also inspired me because he attended Harvard University in 1973. Bill Gates is a candidate for being my hero and he won with his accomplishments.

Bill Gates is responsible. He shows leadership, and he’s intelligent. In addition, he is the mastermind behind Microsoft and Microsoft Windows. Bill Gates also showed that partnership is important because his partnership with IBM proved to be a successful and an important partnership that helped Microsoft a lot. By making many achievements in life, he became to be a very wealthy person. In fact, he became the third richest person in the world as of the year 2007. Additionally, was accepted into Harvard University. Harvard University is a very hard college to get accepted to and he worked hard enough to be able to attend Harvard University. Also, he showed to have experience with computers because Bill Gates began programming computers at the age of 13. Since then, he continued to program computers.

Sources:

“Bill Gates – Biography and History of the Microsoft Chairman.” About.com: Inventors. About.com. Copyright 2009. 27 February 2009 file://localhost/http/::inventors.about.com:od:gstartinventors:a:Bill_Gates.htm.

“Bill Gates – Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia.” Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Wikimedia Foundation, Inc. 25 February 2009. 27 February 2009 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Gates.

Picture from... http://mynotetakingnerd.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/bill-gates.jpg.