William Henry ''Bill'' Gates

by Joshua, Tyler and Gavin from North Brunswick

(Wikipedia)
(Wikipedia)
Does the name Bill Gates by chance ring a bell when you hear it? Do you know who Bill Gates is? We bet you don't even know that much about his life either. But did you know he is also considered a hero? Today to be a hero one must do many, but somewhat simple, things to better other lives. You can do so by giving money to charity, making something to better others, support people through many sources and get word across about something, etc... There have been many heroes in the world. Some may be fictional or nonfictional. They do so by fighting dragons or saving a princess, but in terms of modern times my group thinks that being a hero is a lot more than that. Some characteristics that a hero possesses are dignity, faith, strong minded, smart, supportive, and above all willing to do the things they are doing in the first place.
(ABC News)
(ABC News)
Firstly, Who is Bill Gates some may ask. Well, we're glad you asked. Bill Gates co-founded the biggest computer company, known today as Microsoft, with friend Paul Allen. Known as the richest man on the world currently and for a good reason too. Bill Gates is known for being in the "Personal Computer Revolution" He along with Microsoft, made the very first windows OS (Operating System) the software that allows you to use any of your computers today. Bill Gates has done the world a great thing by making this software, and I for one would like to see how the world would hold up without his inventions, mainly due to the fact that we all use technology most of our time every day. Bill Gates started off small though, and was known for being a tech geek when he was little, always tampering with anything he could get his hands on, and because of that he would be able to hack things of technology, and would even be busted by big groups in technology for tampering with their hardware. We all should be thankful, because who knows what technology would look like without his work.
(Microsoft)
(Microsoft)
Bill Gates has done great things for humanity both in the past and now today. He first of all developed the technology company Microsoft. He comes up with new ideas for computers to make a human's experience with one enjoyable as possible. He develops games for the XBOX consoles so that gamers can enjoy their experience. All in all, Bill Gates and his technology company have done great things for humanity and we greatly enjoy that he has dedicated his life for us.Bill Gates is a hero because he has created the OS, a system used in almost all pieces of technology, and allowed it to be easy to use. Bill Gates does have some of the features that a modern hero should have, like a strong mind, and the will to survive in the shark filled waters of his job. Gates has also "donated large amounts of money to various charitable organizations and scientific research programs through the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, established in 2000." Also due to being the richest man in the world he can greatly fund things of technology, which improves the use of technology. 
Our group chose Bill Gates because he is a cool guy. As technology users frequently, we thank him for doing what he did. We use computers to play games and use social networking developed by him. We would not be who we are without Bill Gates and his brilliant mind of ideas.

Bill Gates has done a ton of things for society. He made most of the computers that we use. He makes games that we love to play. He makes technology that I and my friends use to make our lives better. Without Bill Gates we would have technology much later evolved than it is today. We thank Mr. Gates for what he has done for us.

Wikipedia - It says the life of Bill Gates.
Biography - States major events in his life.
Forbes - It states why he is important in society

Editors, Biography.com. "Bill Gates Biography." [Online] Available http://www.biography.com/people/bill-gates-9307520#related-video-gallery.