Bill Gates

by Michael from Fort Morgan

Bill Gates, the Founder of Microsoft, isn’t just the world’s richest person. Bill Gates has done more than just create Microsoft from scratch; he has created a foundation that donates money called the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Aside from making peoples' lives easier by creating a computer operating system, Bill has influenced many people, including me.

Bill Gates was born in Seattle, Washington on October 28, 1955. He is the Chairman of the Board of Directors for Microsoft, and also the founder. He owns 9% of the common stock, the largest remaining individual. Gates is the richest person in the world, with an estimated $58 Billion in US money. Bill Gates' real name is actually William Henry Gates III. He is married to Melinda French Gates, formerly known as Melinda Ann French. Together they both have 3 children, whose names are Jennifer Katharine Gates, Rory John Gates, and Phoebe Adele Gates. Bill Gates was in Boy Scouts, and he achieved The Second Highest Rank, Life Scout.

Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard College at the age of 17. As Bill went to Harvard College, he met Paul Allen. After Bill dropped out of Harvard, Paul Allen was Bill’s first business partner. Together, they gounded Microsoft from scratch. Paul doesn’t work in Microsoft anymore, but in his own company. Paul did help Bill found Microsoft, but pretty much gave up his spot to a better known partner of Gates, Steve Ballmer. Ballmer is now the CEO of Microsoft, surpassing Gates in 2000.

Bill Gates could be described as a “Business Hero” for creating a computer operating system that made the computer easier to use. The operating system influenced him to start the $51 billion company, Microsoft. Microsoft’s slogan now reads, “Your potential. Our Passion.” With creating Microsoft, Bill had just started one of the world’s richest companies, with a whopping $51.12 Billion of revenue. With his $59 Billion plus his annual income, he is one of the leading money donors. In his life he has donated over $37.6 Billion dollars through the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. This foundation is one of the top donating companies.

Bill Gates is one person who has changed our world. He did one thing by creating one of the largest computer operating systems. Another is by creating one of the world’s largest companies. Last but not least, he has donated millions-billions of dollars to places, people, and companies. Now let's not forget about the my world's greatest hero, Bill Gates.

Gates Foundation - The Gates Foundation thinks about the world.
Wikipedia - Facts about Bill Gates.
Microsoft - Bill Gates Biography