Bill Gates

by Daniel from The Woodlands

Bill  ( ())
Bill ( ())

Bill Gates was born on October 28,1955 at Seattle, Washington. He was born to William Henry Gates, Sr. and Mary Maxwell Gates. When he was 13, he enrolled in Lakeside School, an exclusive preparatory school. When he was in eighth grade, the Mothers Club used the money the school made in a rummage sale to buy Teletype Model 33 ASR terminal and a block of computer time that was for the students use. Bill Gates took an interest in programming the GE system in BASIC. That sparked Bill Gates' interest in computer programming. A totally different path than what his parents had in mind.

Bill Gates was a pioneer. He introduced the world to the user-friendly operating system for computers.Although he was underestimated by many people, he went along and did everything his own way. He revolutionized the world, he made Microsoft. Microsoft changed everybody's lives because he made the user-friendly operating system so the average user didn't have to know the complicated and very confusing computer language.  He helped program the computers so that everyone didn't have to know the computer language.

He took a big risk starting his own business. He didn't know if it would even work, but he risked his money and all his things probably because he wanted to start a company.He put everything he knew-which was computers and programming-into good use. He helped revolutionize the world with only his knowledge of computers. Bill Gates also worked very hard to get Microsoft going. He made the best operating system around at the time, then got all the people at Microsoft to keep improving it. And probably the most important thing he did was provide thousands of people with jobs. This guy is just amazing. 

Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Logo (Wikipedia.org (Bill and Melinda Gates))

Bill and Melinda Gates had started a foundation called "The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation". Their foundation has given billions of dollars to expand education, enhance healthcare and reduce poverty both globally and nationwide. This foundation, in Seattle, Washington, is controlled by Bill Gates, Melinda Gates, and Warren Buffett.  Other people in the business is his dad as Co-Chairman and CEO Jeff Raikes. Every year this foundation give billions of dollars to charity.

Bill and Melinda Gates
Bill and Melinda Gates

He has impacted me in such a big way. He is the most inspiring person anyone has ever known. He is a multi-billionaire and instead of using it for himself, he gives it to charity. He is just an amazing man. I don't know how he can do this, but he doesn't do it alone. With his wife, Melinda, by his side he goes through life. He can be the kind of person that can be so kind.

Bill Gates is my personal hero. He made me persevere to try and make my own similar program. I hope everyone learns from this.