Bill Gates

by Samuel from Columbus

Adaptability. It is the quality that my hero, Bill Gates, is known for. He worked hard during his career and adapted to many problems to complete his goals. That is why he is my hero.

My hero is Bill Gates. He was born and lives near Seattle, Washington. He was born in 1955 and is still alive today. Growing up, he sometimes spent many hours poring over encyclopedias. He first started to show some interest in computers at age thirteen. While at Lakeside School, a private school, Bill was first introduced to the computer. He spent much time working on the computer at school and actually wrote a program in BASIC that allowed him to play tic-tac-toe with the computer. At the age of fifteen, he and his friend Paul Allen developed a program that monitored traffic patterns in Seattle and were paid $20,000. By age twenty-three, Bill Gates was the head of Microsoft which grossed $2.5 Million.

Early Microsoft Ad (http://ontechnology.wordpress.com/2008/06/20/on-bill-gates/)

He has made it easier to use the computer for everyone. In 1975, he and his friend Paul Allen created the company “Micro-soft” which they later changed to “Microsoft”. He worked with IBM to develop software to run the personal computer. He always kept a keen eye out for competition and tried to make his products better than theirs. Later, he created Windows to make the computer easier to use for the everyday user. He met his wife in 1989 and they now have three children. He left Microsoft in 2008 to work on philanthropic activities with the new Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. He is now known for the charity work that he does routinely.

Bill Gates worked with the competition to make computer products and programs better. He learned to adapt things such as programs to make them work better for him. He has made me learn to adjust. He also inspired me because of his intelligence. He taught me that I need to adapt to complete my goals.

Bill Gates has the quality of adaptability. He adapted to the competition to stay on top. This has allowed his companies and himself to be at the top of his business. That is why he is my hero.