Bethany Hamilton

by Dross from Loveland

My Hero
My hero is Bethany Hamilton she is a 14 year old girl who lost her arm in a shark attack. It all began when she went surfing on 10-31-08 the sky is clear and it was a beautiful day to surf Bethany replied.

On the way to the ocean they sang songs and rested for a busy day surfing. When they got there they grabbed their boards and hit the water. She stopped to rest and a shark swam under her the way she waved her arm crazed the shark and he swam up and grabbed a chunk of her arm shoulder down. She fell unconscious and lost a lot of blood.

Bethany's friends called her mom first and then called an ambulance. When she arrived to the hospital she showed a lot of effort to get there and live even though she lost a lot of blood

Bethany finally woke up a few hours later. She could barely see her parents that she fell back asleep when a nightmare woke her up it was about the shark attack finally she got to go home again but the dreams came back again for months. Bethany has a lot of inspiration to do what she does without her arm Bethany shows a lot of humility in her life but she doesn't care what they think of her and now she still competes and is happy even though she lost her arm. She has shown great perseverance in her life and you can too.