Bob Marley

by Harrison from Glenbrook Middle School

My music will go on forever. Maybe it's a fool say that, but when me know facts me can say facts. My music will go on forever. Bob Marley

My hero is Bob Marley. I chose Bob Marley to be my hero because he was an amazing musician and he really inspired me. Born in Jamaica in 1945, Marley grew up in the village of Nine Mile in Jamaica. He came out of poverty and became a great artist and he had concerts with so many fans that loved his music. His band was called Bob Marley and the Wailers. Recorded 30 years ago while Marley was touring in support of his album Uprising, Live Forever is Bob Marley's last recorded concert.

He is a hero to me because he really worked his hardest to be a musician. Although he was in poverty he managed to work hard and become a world famous musician. He was the rhythm guitarist and lead singer for the Wailers and is credited with helping spread Jamaican music to a worldwide audience. Bob Marley was a member of the Rastafari movement, whose culture was a key element in the development of reggae.

Bob Marley made a difference in my life because he showed me that anything is possible through practice and hard work. I think he inspired the world with his amazing reggae music. He is considered a hero because he came out of poverty and became a huge star. He contributed all his amazing music to the society.

Marley really inspired me to become a hero like him. Even though I can't sing nearly as good as he did, I believe I can change the world through something else I can work at. He was one of the best reggae musicians in history and that is really something to be proud of. Marley had three kids and a wife named Rita, but he died May 11 1981, at the age of 36.

Sources

"Bob Marley." St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture. Ed. Sara Pendergast and Tom Pendergast. Detroit: St. James Press, 2000. Gale Biography In Context. Web. 11 Feb. 2011. Document URL http://ic.galegroup.com/ic/bic1/ReferenceDetailsPage/ReferenceDetailsWindow?displayGroupName=Reference&action=e&windowstate=normal&catId=GALE%7C00000000MQ1B&documentId=GALE%7CK2419200791&mode=view&userGroupName=mlin_w_richard&jsid=dd52fa57bfa384c2e98d76d338baac03

http://www.yorapper.com/Photos/bob-marley-ringtones.jpg