Blake Mycoskie

by Innslee from Anthony

"The power of a single idea, acted upon, can change peoples lives.'' ~ Blake Mycoskie
vialogue.wordpress.com ()
vialogue.wordpress.com ()

My hero is Blake Mycoskie. Blake is still alive, he is 40 years old. He was born on August 26, 1976, in Arlington, Texas, but now he lives in Los Angeles, California. He has a sister named Paige Mycoskie. They were on the Amazing Race together. He is also married to Heather Lang, who writes biographies about strong women. He is an entrepreneur, his first business was a college laundry service.

vainchic.com ()
vainchic.com ()

Blake is the founder and chief of TOMS Shoes. Over 60 million pairs of shoes have been provided by TOMS Shoes since 2006. He made up the "One of One" which means when someone buys a pair of TOMS, someone in need in another country gets a pair also. If you want to buy a pair of TOMS you can go to toms.com. He is also an author and a philanthropist.

DEPAUW.com ()
DEPAUW.com ()

Blake is a difference maker for more than one reason. The first reason is that he gives shoes to people that need footwear all around the world. Another reason is that he provides jobs for people. The "One for One" concept is important  to me because giving is what God wants us to do. I hope to be able to give back and help people as much as he has.

Toms - Blake Mycoskie
Journey - Journey's Shoes (Purchase them here)
Youtube - Toms Founder Blake Mycoskie Explains The New One For One Marketplace